Program Assistant – Education
$15/hour – 35 hours/week – June 5 to July 28, 2023 (8 weeks)
The ALL Women project is PRUDE Inc’s newest project to date. PRUDE Inc. is proud of taking on this project that is directly supported by the Feminist Response and Recovery Fund from Women and Gender Equality Canada. The project will be implemented from October 2021 to March 2024.
PRUDE Inc.’s goal with this project is to provide women of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and disabilities a venue to share their voices and their personal experiences of obstacles. Storytelling helps to illuminate the past, present, and future. It lights up a pathway to inform decision-makers of where policy changes are needed, in order to create a more inclusive, equitable, and diverse society.
The purpose of the ALL Women Program is to address and/or remove systemic barriers impeding the progress and advancement of women in this region, in all their diversity, mainly in three priority areas: Encouraging women and girls in leadership and decision-making positions, Improving women and girls’ economic security and prosperity and Ending gender-based violence. PRUDE Inc is seeking a Project Assistant for its ALL Women project.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for providing various support services, all of which will contribute to the efficient delivery of events and community outreach activities.
The Project Assistant must have a genuine appreciation for and understanding of effective public engagement and must be able to communicate respectfully and appropriately with different stakeholders. The Project Assistant must be highly organized, efficient, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist to Project Coordinator with the different tasks related to planning, developing, and implementing public relations strategies to ensure the project’s success.
- Foster community relations with potential partners and source sponsorship opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with partners and venues for events.
- Support the coordinator in their projects and ensure delivery of successful events and address potential challenges for the completion of the events.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the needs of various events.
- Supporting the team with promotional booths and distributing materials/information about the project.
- Assist the Project Coordinator with the communications with community partners involved in Events, (circulate documents, organize meetings/videoconferences, etc.)
- Perform any other related duties as required
To be eligible, youth must:
- Age: between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period*;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
**International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. Youth awaiting a refugee status ruling, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, youth visa, or work visa are ineligible.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by May 26, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.