Program Officer – Youth Development Team
PRUDE Inc. is looking for a Program Officer to play a vital role in the implementation of the Dive into YSJ Immigrant Youth Canadian Experience program. This program will support, encourage, and lead community connections and social networks for recent immigrant youth members trying to join local Canadian life through facilitated learning and hands-on experience.
The Program Officer position is a full-time position requiring 35 hours/week. May require work during weekends and evenings. It requires excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural communication and project management skills for virtual and in-person contacts and conversations. The person will be required to develop the program, recruit clients and work well independently as well as with a supportive team. It requires a maturity, sensitivity and leadership skills. Day-to-day tasks will be executed in collaboration with several team members and other community groups. This position is part of a multi funded program, and the program officer will lead the curriculum through a continuous journey of change and development.
- Day-to-day program management and facilitation of youth activities with a goal of creating connections, networking, and using skills to work with community and organizations.
- Manage outreach to YSJ-based organizations and maintain an ongoing database of youth immigrants who have expressed interest in the program!
- Create and deliver capacity building sessions for youth in topics to build a supportive network for immigrant youth in Canada, which may include budgeting, mental health, civic involvement, etc.
- Deliver in person orientation sessions for the program and promote awareness and understanding of PRUDE INC. and the local community at large.
- Facilitate, develop, and monitor on going virtual and in-person activities and troubleshoot any immigrant youth challenges and difficulties.
- Oversee content creation for interactive section of program website, liaising with our Marketing and Communications staff, and other departments.
- Do monthly reports, oversee monitoring and evaluation of data collection using surveys and analytics and incorporate input of project partners.
- Lead the recruitment and hiring process of volunteers and community partners.
- Create and manage independent contractor agreements with the youth program.
- Assist Marketing staff with use of social networking, online project management tools to monitor projects and to increase overall program visibility to possible funders and external audience.
- Required tasks include off-site activities, and in-person interviews and community meetings.
- College Degree or equivalent plus minimum one-year related youth work experience
- Understanding of experiential education and youth empowerment themes with demonstrated examples of incorporating these experiences in professional work.
- Experience with multicultural programs, event management, youth programming
- Experience with virtual programming and digital communication, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language, with understanding of social media as a professional tool to enhance visibility.
- Strong computer proficiency, comfortable with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), cloud-based, google document management and online project management tools.
- Team-oriented and collaborative work style, while skilled in managing independent tasks and deadlines, plus good report generating skills
- Creative problem-solver and adaptable with strong attention to detail
- International residence or international travel experience with demonstrated cross-cultural competencies.
- Second language abilities and multicultural experiences are an asset.
Only successful candidates will be called for an initial interview.
Please send resume and cover letter to: PRUDE INC. Executive Admin: Romy Lai at [email protected]
Deadline to apply: March 16th, 2021, 11:59 pm
Tentative Job starting date: April 5th, 2021
Included Benefits: Health insurance (after 3 months’ probation) and Two weeks’ vacation initially and additional added later.
Other benefits to be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications and performance.
Contract: One-year contract with possible of extension for three more years